Crowns Engine Houses, Botallack
Remains of the Crowns engine houses which are located on the cliffs at Botallack in Cornwall, once part of Cornwall's Tin Mining industry.
The lower of the two engine houses was built in 1835 to pump water from the mine. The higher engine house was built in 1862 to provide winding power for the Boscawen Diagonal Shaft, which ran out under the sea.
St Just, Cornwall, UK